Saturday, May 22, 2010

Unit 8 – Review

Out of all the practices we have participated in throughout this course, the two that I found most enjoyable and beneficial were the meditation and visualization. Even though I did not have as much of a profound experience with the visualization exercise, I love the idea and concept behind it. Being able to focus on one thing and clear the mind of all other nonessential clutter is a great ability to have.

In regards to meditation, I find this the most beneficial out of all the exercises. This is because I love the feeling of freeing myself from the daily trials and tribulations, and allowing myself to just be. I also practice a form of meditation nightly when I am about to go to sleep. I focus on clearing my mind and focusing on my breathing. This helps me silent the chatter and allows for sleep.

Visualization is something that can be done for so many things in life. Like the exercise we had where we focused on a wise individual, or focusing on a goal and visualizing it being reached. Visualization can be used in all aspects of my life. It is a great way to focus on the positive and can foster a “can do” attitude which is priceless!

Like I mentioned above with using meditative practices to help fall asleep, meditation can be used in many aspects of my life. I find myself taking more time out for me. Going for hikes in the forests I find myself stopping, closing my eyes, and clearing my mind. Being able to focus on the here and now is priceless and something that I will continue to foster throughout my life.

I am planning on continuing my spiritual path even when this class ends. The peace that I find when I am able to cleanse my mind of my daily worries and stresses is too valuable to me to be able to let it go after this course ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment