Friday, April 9, 2010

Journey to Relaxation

The 15 minute exercise was different than anything I have ever done in the past. I have listened to a couple hypnosis for sleep which also, of course, focuses on relaxation. This exercise was noticeably different because it left me feeling relaxed and more energized!

I elected to listen to the file will sitting in my recliner. I noticed that as soon as he would suggest something, my body would immediately begin to do it before I even asked it to. This was very peculiar to experience! As soon as he said to focus on sending blood up the shoulders to the arms and hands, my fingers started tingling. The most enjoyable part of the exercise for me was how relaxed my shoulders were after it. I tend to hold a lot of my stress in my shoulders.

Overall I loved the exercise!

1 comment:

  1. This exercise was great. Like you, I chose to sit in my chair. At first I thought this would keep me from relaxing fully, but it didn't. In no time I was relaxed, everything felt heavy, and I was focused on the colors and body areas. Usually I have tons of stuff running through my head, but surprisingly this exercise helped me clear all of my thoughts. It was a great experience.

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete