Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Crime of the Century - relaxation exercise

This relaxation exercise was not as good as last units, in my opinion. I did find that it was relaxing, but very slow. My favorite part was when he said to put all the colors back together and imagine a bright white light all around you. That made me feel very happy, calm and relaxed. So much so that I did not want to end the exercise which is surprising because I felt it was very long! This exercise actually reminded me of my Hypnosis for Sleep CD that instructs you to focus on every part of the body from the feet to the top of the head, and then back down to the feet. Overall, I thought this exercise was average...it did what it was intended to do.

~ Personal Goals ~

On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being optimal wellbeing), where do you rate your physical wellbeing, spiritual wellbeing, and psychological wellbeing?

Physical wellbeing - 4

Spiritual wellbeing - 6

Psychological wellbeing - 7

I know that I have a long ways to go to achieve optimal wellbeing. Personally my physical wellbeing is the area that I am the most deficient in. I need to get into shape, lose some weight, and incorporate healthier habits into my life. Spiritually I think I need to get closer to nature. I find a lot of spiritual peace when I am surrounded by nature. Psychologically I think I am doing okay. There are a few things that I could improve, mainly I need to believe in myself and stop second guessing my abilities.

Physical wellbeing - Goal: Incorporate more physical activity into my daily life. I can do this by parking farther away from the entrance at work/market/etc.

Spiritual wellbeing - Goal: Make more time to spend with my horses. I have noticed that just spending time grooming them relaxes me and makes me feel at peace with life.

Psychological wellbeing - Goal: Believe in myself and my ability to achieve what I want in life. I can do this by leaving notes around the house that remind me to think positive and that I have the power to achieve my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment